Between the snow-capped mountains, breathtaking nature, and beautiful wildlife, there are lots of reasons to live and grow old in Alaska.
As we get older, however, we often have a harder time maintaining our social lives. Kids start their own families, old friends move away, life gets busy, and sometimes it just requires too much effort.
Turnagain Social Club is one of Alaska’s best-kept secrets. It helps older Alaskans find happiness by providing a social setting where people can have fun and enjoy each other’s company.
Here are five ways you can combat loneliness.
- Join a club. Turnagain Social Club is a great option for anyone living in Anchorage, because it provides engaging activities that enrich the lives of Alaska’s seniors.
- Get your body moving. Exercise is a great way to meet people, because you’ll get to know the people in your classes.
- Expand your horizons. Trying something new is a great way to keep your brain sharp, develop a new hobby, and meet people.
- Take a day trip. Connect with a local interest group to meet like-minded people who are passionate about the same things as you.
- Reconnect with people you love. Sometimes, it’s the little things that will bring you the most joy. An unexpected phone call, an old-fashioned letter, or a face-to-face visit will be sure to make you smile.
Socializing has many benefits.
In fact, science shows that it’s just as important for your physical health as your mental health.
When you’re weighing up your options, it’s important to look for a welcoming community that will provide the care you need to stay active, safe, and comfortable as you get older. That way, whether you’re independent or you need more therapeutic care, you’ll be in good hands.
Finding the right care option is a huge decision. However, it’s easy to see why Turnagain Social Club is Anchorage’s favorite adult day center.
Click the link below to learn more.Read More About Five Practical Ways to Tackle Loneliness