Trust is the foundation of any relationship. If you don’t have trust, it’s difficult to form any sort of partnership. And this is also true in the modern business world.
In today’s digital landscape, consumers want to know real facts and be confident that the people they’re doing business with are honest and trustworthy – and this directly relates to the content that a business generates for marketing purposes.
Google E-A-T is a huge part of how Google ranks a website. And trustworthiness is a key element that quality evaluators look for.
What is Google E-A-T?
Google E-A-T stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. And this was part of an update that began in 2014. At the most basic level, E-A-T gives Google a clearer picture when determining whether or not a piece of written content is valuable to readers and can be trusted.
When a Google quality evaluator adheres to the principles of E-A-T, their evaluation focuses on:
- A content creator’s expertise in the field
- The authority of the content creator, the content itself, and the website where the content is located
- The trustworthiness of the content creator, the content itself, and the website where the content is located
By focusing on content E-A-T, Google evaluators determine if a piece of content is valuable, high-quality, and useful for readers or not – and this ultimately affects the ranking of a web page.
How to Improve E-A-T
Google and readers what to know that the content they read comes from a reliable source. And when a business can be creative and genuine in content creation, this can enhance E-A-T.
A few ways to achieve better E-A-T include:
- Interviews with real company experts and list their credentials
- Offer content that is written or ghostwritten by the CEO or CMO
- Link to content creator’s LinkedIn profile
- Link to an official bio of the content creator
When a business can offer this level of transparency and trustworthiness, this will improve the elements of E-A-T and search engine rankings.
Beacon Media + Marketing helps a variety of businesses across the country with expert marketing. With a top-notch team of talented creative professionals, Beacon Media + Marketing has the tools and experience you need to improve your E-A-T and get your site ranked higher.Read More About Google E-A-T