Your gut is deeply connected to every part of your body. If it is unhealthy or unbalance, you may feel sluggish or generally unwell. Fortunately, Dr. Joseph Radawi at Tri-Cities Functional Medicine is well-versed in methods to help balance the bacteria in your gut and allow your digestive system to function as it should. Here are the signs to look out for that your gut health needs to be addressed.
10 Signs of Poor Gut Health
There are many effects that an unhealthy gut has on your overall health. While conventional medicine may simply look at these symptoms and try to mask their effects, functional medicine looks to solve the root cause of your discomfort and help you achieve full-body wellness. Here are 10 signs to watch out for:
- Experiencing digestive issues like heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas, and poor digestion
- Living with skin inflammation conditions (like eczema, rosacea, or acne) and collagen loss, resulting in wrinkles, volume loss and more
- Having certain food sensitivities to things like lactose, gluten, eggs, caffeine, MSG, and FODMAPS
- Feeling fatigued despite a good night’s rest or consistently struggling to get enough sleep
- Noticing rapid weight loss or gain without any major dietary changes
- Having intense cravings for sugary and processed foods
- Living with an autoimmune disorder, such as type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, celiac disease, rheumatoid arthritis, or Crohn’s disease
- Struggling with brain fog, which can cause difficulty concentrating, making decisions, or remembering information
- Feeling persistently anxious or depressed
- Experiencing hormonal imbalances, which can lead to problems with your thyroid.
How To Fix an Unhealthy Gut
The main way to address an unhealthy gut is to make sustainable lifestyle modifications. This starts with looking at what you put into your body and taking control of you what you eat. Make sure to drink plenty of water and avoid activities like smoking or drinking excessive alcohol. Incorporate exercise into your daily routine and aim to get at least seven hours of sleep a night.
If you’re not sure where to start, look no further than Tri-Cities functional medicine. With a personalized treatment plan, you can help balance your gut and achieve optimal health.Read More About Gut Health: Signs You Have an Unhealthy Gut