If you’ve found yourself swapping to a lifestyle that supports a holistic approach, you need healthcare professionals to back you up. And finding the right doctor or dentist can be difficult, let alone finding the right one for your functional health approach.
So, how do you find the right holistic dentist? Here’s a guide on five factors to consider when choosing your holistic dentist.
Why is a Holistic Dentist a Good Choice?
A holistic dentist is a great choice for receiving care when you want a full-body type of care. Although they use conventional dental techniques, their philosophy can differ. They take a whole-body approach that supports your lifestyle.
For example, if you’re having issues with the pH levels in your saliva, causing dental health issues, then your holistic dentist will recommend a nutritional diet to help. This will solve the issues and support your best overall health.
Even with this approach, you’ll still get regular dental services such as:
- Root canal therapy
- Safe amalgam removal
- CBCT scans
- Periodontal disease
- Sleep apnea
- TMJ treatment
What Factors Should Your Holistic Dentist Have?
Finding the right dentist is a challenge for anyone. So, how do you find the right holistic dentist to support your lifestyle? The following are five factors to consider when shopping for dentists:
- Top-Tech: Your dentist should use top-notch dental technology to aid in their holistic approach while providing typical dental care.
- Well-Trained Staff: Having well-trained staff means they should have dental licenses and be educated on supporting a holistic approach.
- Whole-Body Treatments: A dentist should promote your overall health as the state of your body will affect your oral health.
- Family Care: Having a dentist that can support your whole family will help ensure you get the same quality of care for everyone.
- In-House Oral Surgery Services: A dental service that offers oral surgery services ensures you can get all the care you need from your holistic dentist.