The Summit Evolution is an innovative photogrammetric workstation that is available in several licensing levels and allows organizations to better discover and capture 3D information. One feature that sets Summit Evolution from other photogrammetric software is that it works with the tools businesses use most to interpret 3D-mapping software.
Summit Evolution comes with the DAT/EM Capture feature, which works directly with standard CAD and GID packages to offer businesses a comprehensive, user-friendly photogrammetric workstation. This allows users to create, edit, and analyze data all in one spot, eliminating businesses ’ needs to deal with format translations.
Other Benefits of Summit Evolution
Summit Evolution works with stereo imagery to then capture 3D information. This software can work with a wide range of imagery types, including aerial imagery, satellite images, orthophotos, close-range pictures, and more. Users can even import projects from a third-party system.
This photogrammetry software is compatible when many other useful programs, including CAD, GIS, Autodesk, Bentley MicroStation, ArcGIS, and Global Mapper. Combined with these other programs, it’s possible to more efficiently draw and edit 3D designs. These designs can then be saved and stored in a variety of formats.
The software comes in several licensing levels depending on the industry and business needs, including:
- Feature Collection
- Summit UAS
There are several DAT/EM tools that can also be used with Summit Evolution. These include:
- DAT/EM Capture: primary tool for 3D vector collection from stereo images with tools like DTM point collection, spot elevations, and more.
- Controur Creator: module that creates and stores elevation countours, smooths lines, and stores them as CAD or GIS drawings
- MapEditor: Toolkit with a variety of mapping tools, such as symbol replacement intersection detection, layer and attribute changing, and more.
- Airfield3D: Module included with Summit Evolution Professional that performs various obstruction identification studies for the United States Federal Aviation Administration
- Ortho+Mosaic: Tool that allows users to create orthophotos and orthophoto mosaics from Summit Evolution projects.
Want to learn more about Summit Evolution? Read the full blog below.Read Full Article