Contrary to popular belief, aging can actually be a really fun process! The key to healthy aging is maintaining mobility and function that ensures you:
- Keep up with your friends
- Try new things
- Continuing doing what you love!
With the mindset that every stage of life should be an adventure, Turnagain Social Club provides day services for Alaska’s pioneers to keep moving, engage their brains, and have a really good time.
Let’s talk mobility-boosting activities.
Physical activity is notoriously the most undervalued way to help boost mobility and maintain a healthy body and mind. It’s a really great way for seniors to increase their strength and ease joint pain while maintaining their independence!
Some of the best physical activities include:
- Strength Training: To help you build muscle and increase your metabolism.
- Balance Exercises: To improve stability and reduce joint pain.
- Endurance Exercises: To improve your stamina and be able to keep up with the things that you love.
- Stretching: To prevent injuries and improve circulation.
Each of these exercises has incredibly beneficial effects on your health and well-being. Plus, it’s a fun activity to do with your friends.
And what about stimulating your mind?
Engaging in creative activities is yet another great way to keep your mind and body sharp as a tack!
It helps stimulate and keep your brain active, which is really important for Alzheimer’s prevention.
Great creative activity options for seniors include:
- Arts and crafts
- And games!
Finally, let’s talk socialization.
There are several activities that are inherently social, such as:
- Making time for family
- Volunteering in your area
- Getting a pet
- And of course, joining a social club!
Spending time with other seniors brings a social aspect into activities, helping you build a healthier body while forging new relationships.
Are you ready to get social? Click the link below.Read More About Top Tips to Promote Mobility as You Get Older